I love this Vegetable Tian. It is healthy and uses simple ingredients: zucchini, potatoes, and tomato slices. It’s seasoned and topped with a lot of yummy parmesan cheese!
This dish is perfect as a side dish for any dinner or party. Pick proportionately sized veggies, for example, your tomato shouldn’t be twice the size of your potato.
Ingredients for Vegetable Tian:
2 medium Zucchini
3 Roma Tomatoes
1 medium Yellow Onion
2 large cloves of pressed Garlic
2 to 3 Potatoes (depending on their size)
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1 Tbsp Thyme
1 Tbsp Dill (or 1/2 Tbsp dried dill)
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
Olive Oil (2 Tbsp for the Onion Mix, 2 Tbsp for the Seasoning Mix)
Preheat the Oven to 375˚F.
1. Prepare your veggies: Slice Zucchini & Tomatoes 1/4″ thick. Peel and slice Potatoes. Chop Onion. Peal Garlic.
2. Preheat skillet on medium heat. Add 2 Tbsp Olive Oil. Add Onion and saute for 5 minutes until Onions are lightly browned, soft, and translucent.
3. Press the Garlic into the pan and stir for 2 minutes until fragrant. Remove from heat and put your mix into your baking dish.
4. In a small bowl, mix 1/2 tsp Salt, 1/2 tsp Black Pepper, 1 Tbsp Thyme, 1 Tbsp Dill and 2 Tbsp Olive Oil.
5. Place Zucchini and Potatoes in a large bowl. Pour the seasoning mix over the veggies and mix to coat.
6. Arrange your veggies in your baking dish interchanging Potatoes with Tomatoes and Zucchini. Cover with foil and bake at 375˚ F for 35 minutes.
7. Remove foil, sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese and bake an additional 30 minutes.
Enjoy, it’s so yummy!