- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- In a large ovenproof baking dish, mix all the ingredients.
- Tightly cover the dish with foil or a well-fitting lid, and cook in the center of the oven it for 3 hours, until the meat is falling apart. It is important to keep checking the dish to make sure the meat is not drying out as it cooks and add more water if needed.
- Once cooked, remove the dish from the heat, leave the foil or lid in place and allow the meat to cool in the dish for 30 to 45 minutes until it is warm.
- Remove the lid and discard the bay leaf and any little pieces of meat which may have dried too far.
- Shred and stir the meat and fat with a large fork until it resembles a chunky, creamy spread, if correctly cooked this will be very easy to do.
- Place the rillettes in a serving pot, level with the back of a spoon and pour any remaining fat in the cooking dish over the surface which helps to keep the rillettes moist.
- Chill them for at least 24 hours before serving. The pâté will keep for several days untouched, once you have started eating use within 72 hours.
Yep the cooler weather is totally fine with me! Here in Utah it just turned cooooold. And I am happy, happy, happy! I am done with warm temperatures.
This week is really busy for me, I need to pack to visit my family in France and it’s not getting done 🤦🏼♀️🤦🏼♀️. I even had trouble finding time to take pictures of my outfits. So today I decided I would make time no matter how huge my todo list was.
This outfit is a fall look that I love! Seriously, it’s fun and screams, “Yay, it’s fall!”
I love the long cardigan with a jacket look and this color is really perfect for fall 🙂
I know not everyone loves fall colors, so if you hate this color, choose one you love in long cardigan. One word of warning, don’t wear a gray shirt with any of these color cardigans: navy, dark brown, or beige. Those colors do not look good together.
Link for dupe cardigan: https://tinyurl.com/y9s2kxhf
I chose to wear this beautiful cardigan with a striped gray button shirt. I love button shirt way to much but remember I am French. 😂😂
Link for similar shirt: https://tinyurl.com/yagcsjw6
One of my friends today talked to me about how difficult is to find great button shirts when you are blessed in the chest area! So I have one trick for that problem, you will find a ton of different options for button shirts if you look for a “boyfriend” style button shirt, you will have way more room.
And yes, I am once again wearing mom cropped jeans, they are very much in style in Europe. So yep, I’m super French today! These jeans are so cute, check out these other posts for ideas for them here and here.
Link for the jeans: https://tinyurl.com/yazudja7
Now for the real fun, these boots are fantastic, they crossed my path recently in Tjmaxx and they fell in love with me. 🙂 I had a huge battle with them but they won. Seriously, in boots this fall I think these are the number one style to have.
Link similar boots: https://tinyurl.com/yaw66pue
Life can be hard when every single time you go somewhere some treasure wants to go home with you. Most of the time I am strong, but sometimes they win.
I hope you are enjoying my blogs. Please subscribe, I’m working on some really fun and useful fashion and color guides that you won’t want to miss!
Prep Time: 1 hour 30 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Yield: 1 loaf (about 6 servings)
- 2.25 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/4 cups warm water (about 100 degrees F)
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2.5 cups All-Purpose Flour, plus extra for dusting
- Combine yeast, sugar, and warm water in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook (you could also mix this dough by hand if you like—just use a large mixing bowl instead).
- Let the yeast proof for about 5 minutes, until the mixture looks nice and foamy.
- Add kosher salt to the bowl.
- Add flour to bowl a bit at a time and mix on low speed until all flour is incorporated and the dough has just started to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Turn off the mixer and remove the bowl and dough hook.
- Lightly flour all sides of your dough (don’t mix the flour in – it’s just to keep the dough from sticking) and turn it over inside the mixing bowl to coat with flour on all sides. Cover with a tea towel and let rise on the counter for about 1 hour, until the dough has doubled in size.
- When the dough has risen, lightly flour a large cutting board. Tip the dough out of the bowl and onto the cutting board. DO NOT PUNCH THE DOUGH DOWN – you want to keep all the air bubbles intact so you have an airy, delicious loaf of bread. (If the dough is sticking to the bowl a little bit, wet your hand with a bit of water and gently separate the dough from the bowl to get it all out).
- Sprinkle a bit of flour across the top of the dough, then begin shaping it into a round loaf. It’s good to pull each corner of the dough in towards the center (like you’re folding an envelope) a few times, then flip the dough over and tap it into a nice round loaf.
- Flour a proofing basket or a small mixing bowl and place your loaf into it seam-side down. Cover with a tea towel and let rise another 30 minutes or so.
- While bread proofs, place an empty dutch oven (with the lid on) in your oven and heat to 460º F.
- When the oven is hot, use oven mitts to pull the dutch oven out and remove the lid.
- Tip your bread dough gently out of the proofing basket back onto your floured cutting board, and then carefully place it – seam side UP, this time – into the hot dutch oven. (You can use a piece of parchment paper here to make this easier if you like).
- Put your oven mitts back on, put the dutch oven lid back on the pot, and slide the whole thing back into your hot oven.
- Cook bread for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the lid from your dutch oven. The bread should be crusty and lightly browned. Continue cooking, uncovered, for 10-20 minutes more until the bread has deepened in color and you have a beautiful brown crust.
- When the bread is done, use oven mitts to pull the pot out of your oven. Use a long spatula to lift the bread out of the dutch oven and onto a cooling rack. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting into it. Slice, butter, and enjoy!
Oh my gosh guys, I recently found a new online boutique, Janey Laine Co and I’m very excited about it. They have very very cute clothes. I decided to immediately buy one of their blouses and it did not disappoint. The quality was exceptional and it gave me confidence in their products. I will for sure be spending a lot of money on their stuff soon. 🤦🏼♀️🤦🏼♀️
This camel top is definitely my 10 top favorite pieces for this fall. The fabric is so soft, it’s true to size.
Link for the top: https://tinyurl.com/yb73bbgx
I love love the details on the sleeves. It gives this top a real French flair. It’s delicate and I LOVE the simplicity and class it has.
I decided to pair it with this fantastic new necklace that I found at Downeast Outfitters. It’s a very trendy accessory right now and I really like how it stands out on this simple top—it’s the perfect match!
Link for the necklace: https://tinyurl.com/y8atcner
For the bottom, I decided to pair it with black cropped skinny jeans. Yes, yes cropped jeans are IN style this fall. They are REALLY fashionable in France too.
Dupe for the jeans: https://tinyurl.com/y7xqnd33
For footwear, I add these shoes. They are so comfy that I want to wear every single day. LOL
Link for the shoes from China: https://tinyurl.com/ydge3qzh
If you don’t want to wait 3 weeks, I found a gorgeous version from Nordstrom.
Link for similar shoes from the USA: https://tinyurl.com/ycv2eovp
This outfit is simple, but French girls have a saying, “Less is better than too much.”
Thanks for checking out this outfit. Be sure to subscribe to my blog to not miss any French fashion tips! Merci.
My love story with yellow dresses started 35 years ago when my mom bought me a gorgeous one. I was really in love with it and would twirl with it four hours. To me it was the greatest dress ever made, but over time I grew out with it and I had to give to my sister. I was so so sad and I felt like it was the hardest thing I would ever have to do, LOL.
A few weeks ago I was thinking about that little yellow dress, the one that made me so happy and made me feel like I was the most beautiful little girl in the world, and suddenly I came across this incredible yellow dress at Ace Hardware. Yes, I’m serious, ACE Hardware Story. This dress has such a cute style, it is definitely a little French touch.
It was love at first sight. I love all the details. I decided today to wear it with these booties and this jacket.
Link for the cardigan: https://tinyurl.com/ybd8948m
Link for the jacket: https://tinyurl.com/y7ttq9dq
I know it’s a really simple Sunday outfit, but I LOVE it and I wasn’t really in the mood for a super fancy outfit.
Another feature I like is the V-neck. It’s not too deep and it also has a button that doesn’t allow the dress to open up and for a more modest look I add an undershirt.
This dress is really practical, comfy, and the fabric is really soft. If you can’t find it at ACE Hardware, I found the same dress with a different pattern in the link below. so, unfortunately, it’s not exactly the same, but it’s the same brand.
link for similar dress: https://tinyurl.com/ycdfwfz2
This outfit will probably make you smile! I know, almost every women might say that it’s an outfit only for teenagers, or for skinny women, or for Halloween to look like a Minon! 😂😂
But no no no, you are wrong, every women in the world can pull of overalls! It’s all about what you wear with them. And they can be skinny or boyfriend style, they can both be great. Choose the one’s you feel more comfortable in and that you feel are more YOU!!!! Always be yourself.
Mine are a skinny denim overalls and I went with a really simple white T-shirt that I found at downaest. I matched them with white tassel earrings from Bohme.
Link denim overalls: https://tinyurl.com/y6wfx787
Link tassel earring : https://tinyurl.com/yb7kkre8
I decided to pair them with light green booties. I like these because they have a medium size heels that makes you look way more feminine, more elongated. This fall they are very much in style in the USA. You need to have a pair and really there is no age limit for them everyone looks good in them.
Link dupe shoes: https://tinyurl.com/yb5yhe8j
To finish this outfit off, I added a jacket that I love. I have a big confession to make though, it’s so NOT French at all. We don’t wear camo. Camo is for army guys in France 😂. So, yep, I have been Americanized a little bit, it’s my American Flair for this outfit. I even think now that it’s really sad that camo isn’t something French girls consider–it can be so fun.
Link jacket : https://tinyurl.com/y8v7oolo
But you will ask me for sure what is french in this outfit? 🤔 Only me ! No it’s not true 😂🤪😂. I am wearing a red lipstick!! That is a little French touch.
Like I’ve said, French girls typically don’t have a very heavy make up. We try to be more discret and simple. That’s just cultural. But usually our lipstick is everything for us. Mine is Chanel Rouge Coco and the color is Carmen. I LOVE it.
Link lipstick: https://tinyurl.com/ybp7p63u
So get crazy and dare to wear some overalls. They are HOT in America right now!
Merci for stopping by! Please subscribe.